Geometric Wildlife Sculpture Art Analysis

Thought Process

 I decided to look into geometric sculptures with a wildlife emphasis.  I really enjoy nature and the way things just flow with no rhyme or reason to it.  To me, nature doesn't follow conventional rules of art with things having to be a certain shape or way.  I also enjoy the aesthetics of how geometric shapes look because they follow strict rules with straight lines and sharp corners.  My brain enjoys trying to blend those things together.

Chosen Art Piece

The sculpture pictured below really caught my eye.  The sculpture was created by Ben Foster and is titled Golden Boy.

My Perception

When you first look at the placement of this sculpture it may seem out of place, but when you look deeper into the photo you see the snow-capped mountains in the background.  The artist blended the unnatural geometric lines of his sculpture with the surroundings of a New Zealand mountain range.  Seeing something as natural as a dog created with geometric lines and shapes is interesting.  You can tell this artist has a deep connection with his sculpture to be able to see the natural side of something and create it out of unnatural shapes such as diamonds and triangles. The lines on the sculpture seem to match the mountains in the background adding to the dramatic effect of the sculpture's placement.


If you like the geometric take of the natural world of Ben Foster click here to see more.

Comments

  1. This is quite striking. When viewing it, my mind immediately compared it to an ice sculpture. Maybe that's the white and the blockiness of the piece or maybe the background of the work. The artist's choice to keep the sculpture a bright white is interesting. It almost feels sterile, with how clean and angular the piece is. I think the color choice is especially interesting upon reading the title. I picture the inspiration of this dog sculpture being a yellow lab or golden retriever. I think that makes me more biased towards the work, as I call my own dog "my golden boy" all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Tyler

Postmodern Art